BIEBEL SELECTED VP ADVANCEMENT
Former teacher, coach returns to Xavier Catholic Schools
Bob Biebel has been hired as the Vice President of Advancement for Xavier Catholic Schools, it was announced Nov. 21, 2016. He begins his role with Xavier on Jan. 2, and his office will be at the Xavier High School campus.
Biebel, who was the President of Lourdes Academy in Oshkosh for the past 5+ years, was an associate director at Saint Mary's University of Minnesota, his alma mater, before returning to the Catholic high school in Oshkosh. He was VP Finance and Director of the M Club at St. Mary's, and he also was their men's basketball head coach for 6 seasons.
Previously, Biebel worked for 9 years as the business manager for what was then called the Appleton Catholic Educational System, before it changed its name to Xavier Catholic School System. He also taught business and social studies at Xavier High School, and was the head boys basketball coach at XHS.
In 1995, Xavier claimed the WISAA Boys Basketball State Championship at the MECCA in Milwaukee under the leadership of Biebel and his staff. His overall record at Xavier was 179 wins and just 66 losses... that's 73% over a TEN year period. In addition to the State title, Biebel and his Xavier BLUE PRIDE teams:
* were WISAA State Runner-up twice (in 1996 and 1997 State Championship games),
* won five F.V.C.C Conference Championships (1997, 1996, 1994, 1992, 1989),
* he was a five time F.V.C.C. Coach of the Year (1997, 1996, 1994, 1992, 1989),
* won eight Regional or Sectional titles (1991- 1997, 1988) and
* finished with three undefeated conference seasons (1997, 1996, 1994).