Frosh Football not used in 2014 from System WELCOME... to Xavier Football. This page is a good starting point for any freshman interested in Xavier Football. Be sure to check out info below on this entire page, and follow the links, for important info pertinent to Xavier Frosh Football. Some links may be added this summer.
Players, inform your parents about this web page on the new, System web site, and remind them of all items of importance found below!
Dave Adamovich will again be the head frosh football coach. PARENTS -- CONTACT COACH ADAMOVICH VIA E-MAIL
IMPORTANT LINKS -- for Frosh Players & Parents Apparel - order deadline: Aug 6 Camps finished for summer 2014 Concussion - info see ImPACT Test below Equipment Handout scroll down this page ImPACT Test - required Map / Xavier coming Physical Exam - required Requirements - Eligibility Schedule & online XHS Calendar Weight Room - SAQ finished for summer 2014
ELIGIBILITY MEETINGS --- held already. For a parent and for ALL athletes in ANY sport this school year If you and your parent missed a meeting, please contact the Xavier Athletic Director.
IMPORTANT INFO -- for Frosh Players & Parents
MARK YOUR CALENDAR 1. MONDAY, AUG. 4 ImPACT Test -- Required for all student-athletes. 3:00 p.m. at Xavier. Report to Xavier about 2:45 p.m. Bring the completed form, SIGNED by a PARENT. ImPACT TESTING ---- INFO & FORM
2. MONDAY, AUG. 4 Meeting for Frosh Players & Frosh Parents Starts at 5:00 p.m. in the Blue Gym at Xavier. Enter via Door # 11 near the Blue Gym and Dennis Oudenhoven Prayer Garden behind school, or, enter via Door # 14 near the game field and behind school. The meeting is expected to last about 20 minutes.
Equipment Handout -- for Frosh Football Players 5:30 p.m. -- after the meeting in the Blue Gym. Report to Shed A -- on the game field at Xavier... off the parking lot along the west side of the school. Anyone with braces may want to obtain and bring their own, special mouthguard... purchased on your own... prior to the first practice. Also, BRING your required paperwork to the equipment handout!! Allow about 30 to 60 minutes, or until about 6:15 or 6:30 p.m., to get your equipment and turn in paperwork.
The final ImPACT Test date before football starts is Aug. 4. If you were unable to take the test in June or July.
3. TUESDAY, AUG. 5 The FIRST day of practice for frosh football. Be dressed and "on the field" by 4:30 p.m. Wear shorts, t-shirt, socks, & football cleats plus helmet and mouthguard. Bring your own water bottle, if you want. Arrive early enough, so you're not late!!
4. PRACTICES --- DURING THE SEASON Typically, from 3:30 p.m. until about 6:00 p.m. Sometimes practice will end at 6:30 p.m. and other times it will end at 5:00 p.m. Any change will be communicated via the frosh coaches. Will be from 4:30 to 7:00 the first few weeks, until school starts.
5. DOOR # 11 Usually, all student-athletes should use Door # 11 near the Blue Gym and football practice field to enter-exit the building. Also, if you will be picked up and/or dropped off, ask the driver to use Door # 11, which is near the Dennis Oudenhoven Prayer Garden.
6. REQUIRED ITEMS Be sure to MAKE PLANS NOW to have a PHYSICAL EXAM. It is REQUIRED BEFORE THE FIRST PRACTICE. Also, plan to take the ImPACT Test on Monday, Aug. 4, at Xavier. It's easy, free, and done via a computer with the Xavier Athletic Trainer.
Also, make sure that at least one of your parents attended a mandatory meeting, held this summer, with the Xavier A.D. This meeting is IN ADDITION to the meeting on August 4. Other items & forms are also REQUIRED. Plan Ahead !!
7. QUESTIONS Please contact the Xavier Athletic Director or one of the frosh football coaches with any question(s). Do NOT contact any of the Varsity or JV coaches. The frosh staff coaches' names will be announced this fall. Dave Adamovich will again be the head frosh football coach.
8. ALSO Be sure to tell your parents about the meeting for frosh parents and frosh players... starting at 5:00 on Monday, Aug. 4 in the Blue Gym at Xavier. The meeting this past spring was for incoming 10th thru 12th graders.
Freshmen players may report to football AFTER the first practice. Contact any of the Frosh Football Coaches at Xavier for details.
And, get your FOOTBALL CLEATS NOW --- and start wearing them, to break them in BEFORE football starts.
More items may be added to this page. Please check back.
>> Many of these web pages will become more static or disappear over time, as the editor has retired.
MORE INFO -- XAVIER BOOSTER CLUB
Xavier High School ----Appleton, WI
Your support will help us continue the tradition of excellence regarding Xavier High School Athletics for many years to come.
BOOSTER CLUB 'RED' SMITH AWARD Over the years, many people have been very loyal in their tremendous service to the Xavier Booster Club -- and their time, dedication and efforts are paramount to what the Booster Club can accomplish on an annual basis. Each year since 1972, the Booster Club has presented its most prestigious award -- the Booster Club's Red Smith Service Award -- at the annual Red Smith Banquet held in January... a *change* starting in 2020 to the third WEDNESDAY of that month, after having been on a Tuesday for years.
OFFICERS, BOOSTER CLUB The Xavier Booster Club has always had extremely dedicated people serve as officers in support of the Club and all of the coaches, advisors and students at Xavier.
REPS, BOOSTER CLUB Each sport has an adult serve as a Rep to the Booster Club. The positions help communicate items of importance for each sport to the Booster Club, and are an important liaison to represent each sport.
THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS The Xavier Booster Club would like to thank the advertisers and patrons that make possible the publication of the fall and winter Sports Program booklets, as well as the Fence Sponsors on the Rocky Bleier Field on the Knights of Columbus Sports Complex behind school. We ask that you show your appreciation by supporting those sponsors who have been so generous.
VOLUNTEERS The Xavier Booster Club and the Xavier High Athletic Department often rely on many, many volunteers... to help with selling concessions or tickets for sports events at XHS, as well as assisting with numerous other tasks, all year long, associated with Xavier Athletics.
XAVIER SPORTS PROGRAM BOOKLET Ads or Sponsors are needed for the Xavier Sports Program booklet, which is published in the winter of each school year. Your contribution will help support the Xavier Booster Club... which for more than 40 years has proudly supported Xavier boys and girls athletics, including the dance and drill team, the cheerleaders, the pep band and the Powerlifting Club. Info may be obtained by contacting any Booster Club Officer or Kathy Bates, the Xavier athletic director.