Frosh Football not used in 2014 from System WELCOME... to Xavier Football. This page is a good starting point for any freshman interested in Xavier Football. Be sure to check out info below on this entire page, and follow the links, for important info pertinent to Xavier Frosh Football. Some links may be added this summer.
Players, inform your parents about this web page on the new, System web site, and remind them of all items of importance found below!
Dave Adamovich will again be the head frosh football coach. PARENTS -- CONTACT COACH ADAMOVICH VIA E-MAIL
IMPORTANT LINKS -- for Frosh Players & Parents Apparel - order deadline: Aug 6 Camps finished for summer 2014 Concussion - info see ImPACT Test below Equipment Handout scroll down this page ImPACT Test - required Map / Xavier coming Physical Exam - required Requirements - Eligibility Schedule & online XHS Calendar Weight Room - SAQ finished for summer 2014
ELIGIBILITY MEETINGS --- held already. For a parent and for ALL athletes in ANY sport this school year If you and your parent missed a meeting, please contact the Xavier Athletic Director.
IMPORTANT INFO -- for Frosh Players & Parents
MARK YOUR CALENDAR 1. MONDAY, AUG. 4 ImPACT Test -- Required for all student-athletes. 3:00 p.m. at Xavier. Report to Xavier about 2:45 p.m. Bring the completed form, SIGNED by a PARENT. ImPACT TESTING ---- INFO & FORM
2. MONDAY, AUG. 4 Meeting for Frosh Players & Frosh Parents Starts at 5:00 p.m. in the Blue Gym at Xavier. Enter via Door # 11 near the Blue Gym and Dennis Oudenhoven Prayer Garden behind school, or, enter via Door # 14 near the game field and behind school. The meeting is expected to last about 20 minutes.
Equipment Handout -- for Frosh Football Players 5:30 p.m. -- after the meeting in the Blue Gym. Report to Shed A -- on the game field at Xavier... off the parking lot along the west side of the school. Anyone with braces may want to obtain and bring their own, special mouthguard... purchased on your own... prior to the first practice. Also, BRING your required paperwork to the equipment handout!! Allow about 30 to 60 minutes, or until about 6:15 or 6:30 p.m., to get your equipment and turn in paperwork.
The final ImPACT Test date before football starts is Aug. 4. If you were unable to take the test in June or July.
3. TUESDAY, AUG. 5 The FIRST day of practice for frosh football. Be dressed and "on the field" by 4:30 p.m. Wear shorts, t-shirt, socks, & football cleats plus helmet and mouthguard. Bring your own water bottle, if you want. Arrive early enough, so you're not late!!
4. PRACTICES --- DURING THE SEASON Typically, from 3:30 p.m. until about 6:00 p.m. Sometimes practice will end at 6:30 p.m. and other times it will end at 5:00 p.m. Any change will be communicated via the frosh coaches. Will be from 4:30 to 7:00 the first few weeks, until school starts.
5. DOOR # 11 Usually, all student-athletes should use Door # 11 near the Blue Gym and football practice field to enter-exit the building. Also, if you will be picked up and/or dropped off, ask the driver to use Door # 11, which is near the Dennis Oudenhoven Prayer Garden.
6. REQUIRED ITEMS Be sure to MAKE PLANS NOW to have a PHYSICAL EXAM. It is REQUIRED BEFORE THE FIRST PRACTICE. Also, plan to take the ImPACT Test on Monday, Aug. 4, at Xavier. It's easy, free, and done via a computer with the Xavier Athletic Trainer.
Also, make sure that at least one of your parents attended a mandatory meeting, held this summer, with the Xavier A.D. This meeting is IN ADDITION to the meeting on August 4. Other items & forms are also REQUIRED. Plan Ahead !!
7. QUESTIONS Please contact the Xavier Athletic Director or one of the frosh football coaches with any question(s). Do NOT contact any of the Varsity or JV coaches. The frosh staff coaches' names will be announced this fall. Dave Adamovich will again be the head frosh football coach.
8. ALSO Be sure to tell your parents about the meeting for frosh parents and frosh players... starting at 5:00 on Monday, Aug. 4 in the Blue Gym at Xavier. The meeting this past spring was for incoming 10th thru 12th graders.
Freshmen players may report to football AFTER the first practice. Contact any of the Frosh Football Coaches at Xavier for details.
And, get your FOOTBALL CLEATS NOW --- and start wearing them, to break them in BEFORE football starts.
More items may be added to this page. Please check back.
Join the Xavier Booster Club and help make a difference!
The Xavier Booster Club usually meets every second Wednesday of each month, usually starting at 6:00 pm in the Xavier High School Board Room (sometimes called just the
conference room) located near the main office and art room, next to door 4... off the concourse in front of school. New members are always welcome!
Use the schedule link below near the bottom of this web page, or, open the entire Xavier calendar via the SCHEDULES-CALENDAR link in the black header above, to find out meeting dates, and any updates. Some items of major importance:
FOOTBALL SWEEPSTAKES Thanks to everyone who has contributed to our largest fundraiser, the Football Sweepstakes, held each fall. The Booster Club sincerely appreciates everyone who helps make this such a fantastic success. This fundraiser is a tremendous undertaking, and we wholeheartedly appreciate your support!! To obtain a Sweepstakes ticket, contact any Booster Club member or any Xavier head coach. Over $17,000 in total prizes and $1,000 weekly prizes!!
GOLF OUTING The Xavier Booster Club Golf Outing is held annually in June. Thanks to the hole sponsors, contributors, and golfers for their continuing support of the annual Golf Outing. For the event date, see the SCHEDULES-CALENDAR link in the black header on this web site, open the entire online calendar, then choose Booster Club Golf Outing under the VIEW SCHEDULES section. MORE INFO
MONTHLY MEETINGS New members are always welcome to attend any meeting, check the CALENDAR for the dates, times, location, and any updates.
MEMBERSHIP Membership in the Xavier Booster Club is open to individuals who want to volunteer their time, talents and treasures to benefit the Club's stated purpose and goals. Contact any of the Booster Club officers or stop by a regular meeting to become involved in the Xavier Booster Club. With your help, we can make a big difference! Your support will help us continue the tradition of excellence regarding Xavier High School Athletics for many years to come.
** MORE INFO - BOOSTER CLUB:regarding XAVIER BOOSTER CLUB 'RED' SMITH AWARD, BOOSTER CLUB AWARD RECIPIENTS, OFFICERS , REPS TO THE BOOSTER CLUB, SPONSORS, VOLUNTEERS and XAVIER SPORTS PROGRAM BOOKLET.