Frosh Football not used in 2014 from System WELCOME... to Xavier Football. This page is a good starting point for any freshman interested in Xavier Football. Be sure to check out info below on this entire page, and follow the links, for important info pertinent to Xavier Frosh Football. Some links may be added this summer.
Players, inform your parents about this web page on the new, System web site, and remind them of all items of importance found below!
Dave Adamovich will again be the head frosh football coach. PARENTS -- CONTACT COACH ADAMOVICH VIA E-MAIL
IMPORTANT LINKS -- for Frosh Players & Parents Apparel - order deadline: Aug 6 Camps finished for summer 2014 Concussion - info see ImPACT Test below Equipment Handout scroll down this page ImPACT Test - required Map / Xavier coming Physical Exam - required Requirements - Eligibility Schedule & online XHS Calendar Weight Room - SAQ finished for summer 2014
ELIGIBILITY MEETINGS --- held already. For a parent and for ALL athletes in ANY sport this school year If you and your parent missed a meeting, please contact the Xavier Athletic Director.
IMPORTANT INFO -- for Frosh Players & Parents
MARK YOUR CALENDAR 1. MONDAY, AUG. 4 ImPACT Test -- Required for all student-athletes. 3:00 p.m. at Xavier. Report to Xavier about 2:45 p.m. Bring the completed form, SIGNED by a PARENT. ImPACT TESTING ---- INFO & FORM
2. MONDAY, AUG. 4 Meeting for Frosh Players & Frosh Parents Starts at 5:00 p.m. in the Blue Gym at Xavier. Enter via Door # 11 near the Blue Gym and Dennis Oudenhoven Prayer Garden behind school, or, enter via Door # 14 near the game field and behind school. The meeting is expected to last about 20 minutes.
Equipment Handout -- for Frosh Football Players 5:30 p.m. -- after the meeting in the Blue Gym. Report to Shed A -- on the game field at Xavier... off the parking lot along the west side of the school. Anyone with braces may want to obtain and bring their own, special mouthguard... purchased on your own... prior to the first practice. Also, BRING your required paperwork to the equipment handout!! Allow about 30 to 60 minutes, or until about 6:15 or 6:30 p.m., to get your equipment and turn in paperwork.
The final ImPACT Test date before football starts is Aug. 4. If you were unable to take the test in June or July.
3. TUESDAY, AUG. 5 The FIRST day of practice for frosh football. Be dressed and "on the field" by 4:30 p.m. Wear shorts, t-shirt, socks, & football cleats plus helmet and mouthguard. Bring your own water bottle, if you want. Arrive early enough, so you're not late!!
4. PRACTICES --- DURING THE SEASON Typically, from 3:30 p.m. until about 6:00 p.m. Sometimes practice will end at 6:30 p.m. and other times it will end at 5:00 p.m. Any change will be communicated via the frosh coaches. Will be from 4:30 to 7:00 the first few weeks, until school starts.
5. DOOR # 11 Usually, all student-athletes should use Door # 11 near the Blue Gym and football practice field to enter-exit the building. Also, if you will be picked up and/or dropped off, ask the driver to use Door # 11, which is near the Dennis Oudenhoven Prayer Garden.
6. REQUIRED ITEMS Be sure to MAKE PLANS NOW to have a PHYSICAL EXAM. It is REQUIRED BEFORE THE FIRST PRACTICE. Also, plan to take the ImPACT Test on Monday, Aug. 4, at Xavier. It's easy, free, and done via a computer with the Xavier Athletic Trainer.
Also, make sure that at least one of your parents attended a mandatory meeting, held this summer, with the Xavier A.D. This meeting is IN ADDITION to the meeting on August 4. Other items & forms are also REQUIRED. Plan Ahead !!
7. QUESTIONS Please contact the Xavier Athletic Director or one of the frosh football coaches with any question(s). Do NOT contact any of the Varsity or JV coaches. The frosh staff coaches' names will be announced this fall. Dave Adamovich will again be the head frosh football coach.
8. ALSO Be sure to tell your parents about the meeting for frosh parents and frosh players... starting at 5:00 on Monday, Aug. 4 in the Blue Gym at Xavier. The meeting this past spring was for incoming 10th thru 12th graders.
Freshmen players may report to football AFTER the first practice. Contact any of the Frosh Football Coaches at Xavier for details.
And, get your FOOTBALL CLEATS NOW --- and start wearing them, to break them in BEFORE football starts.
More items may be added to this page. Please check back.
X2 - FROSH FB.
YOUTH NIGHT Xavier Basketball - Boys AND Girls
XAVIER BOYS BASKETBALL:
~ CHANGED to Friday Feb. 21, 2020 ~ was originally set for Jan. 31, 2020
XAVIER GIRLS BASKETBALL:
~ Friday Jan. 24, 2020
Youth Night, at Xavier Boys Basketball and at Xavier Girls Basketball, will be held on the date listed above. There will be FREE admission for all grade school, elementary and middle school students, regardless of which school the student attends.
After the varsity game, there will be a card signing session by the Xavier players and coaches, for all youths from the Xavier Community, all courtesy of the Xavier Booster Club. Tables will be set up in the Torchy Clark Gym for the free, card signing. Xavier will provide the pens.
For the game opponent and start time of the games, use the SCHEDULES - CALENDAR link in the black header at the top of most pages on this web site, and then find the schedule that you need.
You can always find this page via a link on the SPORTS page of this web site, found in the black header at the top of most pages on this XavierHawksSports.com web site. This page is usually updated late in the fall or early winter each school year.